Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's Getting Closer!

With less than 2 months left until the Breast Cancer 3-day walk, I am in full training and fundraising mode. As of today I have walked 229 training miles and raised $1,150!

Since the last update, I bought my 2nd pair of shoes, a few pieces of clothing, and have planned for a fundraising event! Lately, my fundraising total has hit a speed bump and I am starting to feel the crunch of the required $2,200 to participate. If you are still planning to sponsor me and to donate to the cause, please try to do so by September 1st. I am still thinking positively, in hopes that I will exceed the requirement.

I want to thank the many supporters I have had thus far! I can’t tell you how great it feels when I get encouraging phone calls and emails wondering how my training is coming along, and even offering to be a walking partner! The training is becoming much more intense- this week we had a total of 36 miles to walk (15 in one day), so it has been nice to have partners to help keep me entertained.

Next week the training is only 25 miles total (the largest miles being 8 and 6 for Saturday and Sunday.) I am thankful to see the lower mileage and I can’t help but laugh when I realize that I now consider the 8 and 6 as “low” mileage. I guess there is something to be said for building endurance!

Please keep me in your thoughts and I will continue to keep you posted on my training and fundraising efforts. I truly appreciate all of the support each of you have given to me as I get ready to walk for a cure!

2 Comments:

  1. Darlene said...
    Awesome job on the fundraising! I'm proud of you :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Sounds like you're making excellent progress! Best of luck with your training and fundraising.

    As event season draws closer, we'd love it if you'd share pre- and post-event photos and/or videos on the official Breast Cancer 3-Day Flickr group, YouTube channel, Facebook fan page or MySpace page.

Post a Comment