Saturday, August 02, 2008

I'm sure you have noticed my 'Book(s) I am reading section' on the left side of my blog already, and are well aware of my obsession with books! I love the smell of fresh books (walking in the door of Borders IS one of my favorite places), the look of crisp unread pages, and the feel of a story unfolding in my hands.

I have this habit of buying books and putting them in my "to read" pile. It is a passion (just likes shoes and handbags!) that I cannot live without. During the year I do get to read several books. I try to read before bed and during some "extra" time during the week. However, when summer comes around it is full fledged READING CATCH UP! I pull out my "to read" pile and put them in order of what books I will read first. (Now these books not only include books that I have bought, but also books that have been given to me as referrals.) This summer I have/HAD a huge pile that I have wanted to read and several new books that are calling my name at Borders. I promised myself (and my hubby) that I would read my books on the shelf BEFORE buying new.

I have almost depleted my "to read" pile which this leads me to my raving over a new author I was referred to by my friend Susan (thanks girl!)- Marian Keyes. :::loving sigh::: She is an AMAZING author. I am totally hooked onto her books. She combines subtle humor, dramatic (and sometimes tragic) twists, along with beautiful love stories. I had two of her books on my list and I have finished them both: Anybody Out There? and The Other Side of the Story.

Both books sent me on an emotional roller coaster ride; crying, laughing, smiling, and frowning... and have also left me drooling to read another book! I am looking forward to following her writing career (once I catch up with the many books she has brilliantly written), just like I do Emily Giffin's ingenious stories.

I have one more book on the docket and then it is off to Borders to buy more! Happy reading!!

1 Comment:

  1. Kris said...
    :) Glad you found us another great author!!! Now...how is Time Travelers Wife?

Post a Comment