Sunday, February 24, 2008

Suite Retreat

This weekend I was lucky enough to attend the Suite Retreat again! The same scrapbooking weekend I participated in, in September. However, the best part of this retreat weekend was that my mom came with me! We had a true girls weekend since Friday afternoon. We cropped, chatted, ate, got massages, and just hung out! It was wonderful. I am thankful that we were able to spend such quality time together (we don't get THAT many opportunities to have uninterrupted mother/daughter bonding time).

I was able to accomplish MOST of my to-do's over the course of the three days. I finished two LOs. One of my cutie pie, Reon:



Also, I created my first LO for the YMBD Design Team using her chipboard letters. I am so pumped to continue creating with Cat's wonderful products!



I finished the 2 Daises Designs Word Bloom book that I received in my January DT kit for Scrapwords (I was slacking a bit on finishing this... I admit that the knife word around the letters had intimidated me at first, but actually it wasn't as bad as I thought and I truly enjoyed creating this!) I still have to add the pictures and journaling...



I have been dreaming of a project to do about our wedding for almost two years now! I really didn't want to scrapbook an entire album devoted to our wedding because we are blessed with a beautiful, professional photo album. So, I saw the photo cubes my K.i. Memories and knew that I wanted to create an altered project with love as the theme. I was giving a DT challenge for February to create an altered item with the theme love, so I was given a push to tackle this project. I'm glad I did... I love it!



And last but not least... I was able to finish ONE card before we headed home to give hugs and kisses to our hubbies.



This scrapbooking retreat was the perfect end to a wonderful week vacation from work. I'm not sure I'll be fully energized tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off! TFL!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Gorgeous...stunning...elegant LO's and altered items. I had a wonderful time there with you too.

    Mom
    Kris said...
    Oh Heather! These are all just BEAUTIFUL!!! I love every one! And...those wedding cubes!!! I'm speechless!! (and that doesn't happen to me often!) ;)

Post a Comment