Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Life's Simple Pleasures

I think it is very important to find a simple pleasure in life. Sunday, I found mine. It always makes me feel calm and satisfied when I experience a time in my life where the simplest activity gives me serenity.

I met my friend, Julie, at Starbucks so that we could "catch up" with each other (a much needed activity in our chaotic lives). We ordered Pumpkin Spice Lattes and found a cozy table to enjoy some coffee 'n chat! Daylight savings switched over Saturday at midnight here in Michigan... so as we were sitting in the cafe, I noticed the ambiance that the pendant lighting created inside along with darkening skies outside. The sound of grinding coffee, machines steaming and the calming music was a great backdrop for us to share intimate discussions and to leave our afflictions behind.

Every so often when life takes over, these tiny parts of our lives seem to have the greatest impact!

1 Comment:

  1. 歐陽丹 said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment