Saturday, March 28, 2009

Passport Day in the USA!

I procrastinated long enough and FINALLY applied for my US passport today! The travel requirements are changing June 1st and since we are always crossing the border to travel to Canada I knew I needed to get on this!

I have to say I am excited! I feel like now I can travel ANYWHERE I want (well, once the passport comes in the mail!) It's such an official document and I love the feeling that I am going to have one. I think I might have to plan a trip now so that I can use it (and not just to travel to Canada).

They did take my birth certificate though so I was nervous about that. I'm not used to NOT having it with me at all times. YIKES!!! So, I rushed home and ordered a new copy to have in the meantime. I hope that comes soon! Then I have 4-6 weeks before the passport comes! YAY!

I love the feeling of accomplishment even if it is for the little things! lol.

2 Comments:

  1. Ouyang Dan said...
    Oh my goodness it was so exciting getting ours (of course we got ours a lot faster b/c they were official business, but it was still so exciting)! I am sure you will put it to great use!

    I was nervous about my birth certificate too, but we got them all back in a great big envelope w/ our passports.

    Congrats! I happen to know some people in Asia w/ a spare room you could use. ;)
    Kris said...
    eeekkkk! This is so exciting! So...where are we going for our girls getaway? ;)

Post a Comment