Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Time!!!



and I am ready!!!!!! I am packed and ready to go. Thanks to everyone of my sponsers who believed in me and have supported my efforts for this amazing journey, I have exceeded my minimum of $2,200. I have a total of $2,425 and it is still climbing every day!!!! I am extremely touched by the support I have received during this entire process. Through the training and even up to hours before the walk begins, I continue to receive encouraging words to keep me believing in myself.

I added ribbons to this lanyard that I was given by my co-workers in support of my 3 day journey.

Each ribbon represents my sponsers who have generously donated in order to allow me to meet my minimum requirement. I printed each of your names and will wear it around my neck for the entire 60 miles. I meant it when I said I will keep each of you with me and close to my heart as I walk to find a cure.

This is truly an emotional and life-changing time for me. Each hour that gets closer, the more emotions surround me. I will be taking TONS of pictures and creating a slideshow so that you all can experience this journey that I am about to embark on!

Thanks again for all of your love and support!

4 Comments:

  1. Catherine said...
    Heather -- what a touching idea to include all your supporters names on those ribbons! I got goosebumps reading that you did that! So sweet and thoughtful -- just goes to show what an amazing person you are!
    Kris said...
    Good luck babe! We love you are are so proud of you!!!!
    Shawk said...
    I love the lanyard!! Nice job :)
    Marti said...
    Wow! That's very cool and very thoughtful! Have a super time!

Post a Comment